The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain, topped by a Benedictine Monastery. Montserrat is an ideal trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona.
Observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.
A bus will take you to Farmhouse where you will have lunch from farm to table based in a delicious 3-course menu; first course salad, second course combination of barbecue (vegetarian and halal option) and dessert with stunning views.In August the restaurant will not be the usual, but you will be able to appreciate the views of Montserrat.
Once this massif is observed from a distance, it is easier to understand the importance of this mountain when it comes to influencing the traditions and culture of the regions that surround it.
The plans and terraces of the Farmhouse have been cultivated for hundreds of years. At present there are 2,700 trees of the varieties of the area, which are the Palomar and the Vera. After this full day of adventures you will return to the center of Barcelona by private transport.
• Private Transport
• Bilingual Guide
• Visit to Montserrat Abbey
• Boys choir singing of the famous Escolanía de Montserrat (subject to availability, not guaranteed)
• Lunch at Farmhouse from farm to table: 2 course menu + dessert. Drinks included
• Free time
• Montserrat Cable Car ride
• Food or beverages unless specified
• Hotel pick up or transfer.
• 7 hours & 30 min.
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially on long weekends and holidays.
We will send you an email with a voucher that you can print or take with you to the activity.
How to make a reservation?
To book the tour you just have to choose the desired date and fill out the form on this page. Confirmation is immediate.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
• Tour subject to availability
• Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time
• Comfortable clothing and shoes
• This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
• The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
• Let us know at the time of booking if any dietary restrictions or allergies
• Lunch will be done in the Spanish time slot (14:30 - 15:00 approx)
• There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
• Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
10:30 – Welcome with our We specialist guide
10:40 – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia
• Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample.
• We will drive you through Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
• See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
• Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
• You will be able to see the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters
• We will drive you through the Countryside and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat
• Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
11:40 – Visit the monastery
• Learn about the history of the monastery
• Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
• Learn about the Monks lifestyle
• Enjoy the views from the Monastery
• See the voice choir (only under availability)
13:15 – Enjoy the free time
• Visit the farmers market
• Visit the cafeteria
• Check the souvenirs stores
14:20 – Meet your guide again
14:30 – take the cable car to go down of the Mountain
14:45 – Going to the Farm House restaurant
15:15 – Get to the restaurant and enjoy the meal!
• You can visit the animals they have in their land
• Visit the old olive oil press from the house
• Visit the botanic gardens they have around
16:30 – Take the bus to go back to Barcelona
17:30 – End of the experience at the starting point.
Culture, history and local lifestyle on a bamboo bike ride through the highlights of Barcelona
Enjoy the breathtaking views in a hot air balloon while you fly over the Pla de Bages observing the magnificent view of the unique shape of Montserrat Mountains. Visit the Monastery of Montserrat and know all the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Discover thanks to our free tour the modernist wonders that make Barcelona the most avant-garde city in the world.
Enjoy the best of Barcelona from different perspectives on a half-day tour by land, sea, and air! Discover Barcelona by eBike, admire the city from the Cable Car and enjoy a boat tour along the Barcelona waterfront. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Enjoy a unique cycling experience on this tour riding on bicycles made out of bamboo, 100% handmade and equipped with high-quality components
We recommend you to choose the welcome tour to Barcelona if it is the first time you visit Barcelona and you want to see its main attractions quickly. This will allow you to discover which are the places that have caught your attention and come back during your vacations in the city that is on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.
Enjoy an intimate and beautiful flamenco show while you marvel at a Medieval Palace atmosphere after a walking tour through one of the trendiest and most authentic districts in Barcelona. This former Baroque palace from the 17th Century on the historic Calle Montcada is a rare architectural gem which was once the meeting place of an aristocratic scholarly society. End your evening enjoying Tapas Tour dinner with a drink at one of the best of the best Pintxos places in Barcelona and then continue to La Barceloneta to discover the best seafood tapas in a Mediterranean atmosphere.Have fun and feel unique in your experience on a Private Tour. (Premium small group tour)
Welcome to our tour focused exclusively on the history of Montserrat and its wonderful location. Led by your local guide, you will discover all that this famous place an hour away from Barcelona has hidden for you in just one morning. Join us and discover the secrets of this 11th century monastery!
One of the attractions of Barcelona is its traditional gastronomic recipes. You haven't been to Catalonia if you haven't tasted its food. In order to achieve these excellent recipes, restaurants need top quality product and this brings us to the markets, the place of origin where any gastronomic experience begins.
Experience Barcelona’s holy mountain, Montserrat, on a half or full day tour. Board the Montserrat Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna following a trail (soft hiking) with the best specialized guide in Montserrat Natural Park. Taste the typical Catalan dessert, “mel i mató” (cheese drizzled with honey) from the local farmers. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.