The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed) , who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.
Board the Sant Joan Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna. The tour will continue a soft hike replete with verdant beauty while you admire a scenic landscape in Montserrat Natural Park. To recover some energy after the hiking, you will taste the typical Catalan dessert, “mel I mató” (cheese drizzled with honey) from one of the local farmers. The sweetest way to end this wonderful tour. You will have free time to visit the farmers market, the cafe and the souvenirs stores. At the end, you will meet your guide again to go back to the bus on the way back to Barcelona.
• Guided visit of the Magic Mountain & the Abbey of Montserrat
• Multilingual Professional Mountain guide
• Private Transfer with A/C
• Tickets for Sant Joan’s railway
• Tasting of the typical Catalan dessert, “mel i mató” from the local farmers
• One hour of hiking in the Natural Park
• Premium Small Group maximum capacity 18 people.
• Food or beverages unless specified
• Hotel pick up or transfer.
• 5 hours & 30 min.
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially on long weekends and holidays.
We will send you an email with a voucher that you can print or take with you to the activity.
How to make a reservation?
To book the tour you just have to choose the desired date and fill out the form on this page. Confirmation is immediate.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
• Tour subject to availability
• Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time
• Comfortable clothing and shoes
• This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
• The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
• There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
• There is a minimum number of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. If this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English
• Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
08:15 – Welcome with our We specialist guide
08:30 – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia by bus
• Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample
• We will drive you through Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
• See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
• Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
• You will be able to see the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters
• We will drive you through the Countryside and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat
• Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
• See the great views while your are going up to the mountain
09:30 – We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery
• Learn about the history of the monastery
• Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
• Learn about the Monks lifestyle
• Enjoy the views from the Monastery
10:45 – Take Sant Joan’s Funicular.
• Start the hike from the top of Sant Joan’s Funicular
• Learn how the mountain was made
• Walk most of the time downhill and enjoy the views
• Learn about the surroundings of the mountain and the wild life
12:00 – Finish your hiking and start your free time after the “mel i mató” tasting
• Visit the farmers market
• Visit the cafeteria
• Check the souvenirs stores
12:40 - Meet your guide again to go back to the bus. Way back to Barcelona
14:00 - End of the experience at the starting point.
Enjoy an intimate and beautiful flamenco show while you marvel at a Medieval Palace atmosphere after a walking tour through one of the trendiest and most authentic districts in Barcelona. This former Baroque palace from the 17th Century on the historic Calle Montcada is a rare architectural gem which was once the meeting place of an aristocratic scholarly society. End your evening enjoying Tapas Tour dinner with a drink at one of the best of the best Pintxos places in Barcelona and then continue to La Barceloneta to discover the best seafood tapas in a Mediterranean atmosphere.Have fun and feel unique in your experience on a Private Tour. (Premium small group tour)
Full day experience, designed to offer you the best of Barcelona's rural environment through our famous formula: history and wine! This is especially designed for those who want to enjoy the ascent to Montserrat in the most panoramic and scenic way possible.
This is a full day tour, and is designed for those who can and want to invest a full day of their stay in visiting the surroundings of Barcelona. With plenty of free time, this is a more comprehensive option to discover Montserrat and immerse yourself in the Catalan countryside with this unforgettable day!
Are you looking for a tour of the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona that allows you to know the city from its very center? The Gothic Quarter of Barcelona is located in the district of Ciutat Vella, the heart of Barcelona and the oldest part of the city. In addition, this neighborhood is considered one of the most beautiful areas of Barcelona and the first that visitors who are going to spend a few days in the capital of Catalonia should know.
This is a morning half day tour, conceived as a condensed version of our longer Montserrat, Food and Wine. It aims at dropping you off early in the afternoon. It’s the right tour for you if you would like to have some free time in the afternoon or evening in Barcelona, to keep on touring around or even flying out. The shared content and information are the same than in longer versions of this tour! However, it has less free time throughout the experience. Make the most out of our wine country in just one long morning!
Enjoy a memorable day out in Montserrat and escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona with this horse riding experience in the Natural Park after visiting the Monastery on top of the Mountain. Awe at the breathtaking views while living a unique experience and learning the basics of horse riding. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
On this tour you will enjoy the ultimate local gastronomic experience, discovering the most authentic Spanish flavors while your guide tells you everything about the history of the city through its rich gastronomy, walking around the historic neighborhoods of Barcelona and its local-only hidden places and traditional markets. Have fun, make new friends and enjoy an intimate experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Enjoy a memorable day out in Montserrat and escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona, you can appreciate a complete experience where you will visit the Monastery of Montserrat and have a 3 course menu with breathtaking views while living a unique experience. Take home exclusive memories of this amazing day in the countryside!
Enjoy a unique cycling experience on this tour riding on bicycles made out of bamboo, 100% handmade and equipped with high-quality components
Enjoy the best of Barcelona from different perspectives on a half-day tour by land, sea, and air! Discover Barcelona by eBike, admire the city from the Cable Car and enjoy a boat tour along the Barcelona waterfront. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.