Half Day tour to Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. After the visit, you will have free time to buy a souvenir, take pictures, etc.
Next, get ready for a thrilling horseback ride along the Natural Park, offering breathtaking views of Montserrat. All while enjoying the freedom and tranquility of the countryside. Led by experienced guides, the route is suitable for everyone. Enjoy the ride and the spectacular sight of the mountain!
• Private Transport & Bilingual and knowledgeable tour guide, ensuring top quality service and great destination information
• A guided horseback ride with an experienced monitor, an amusing experience suitable for nature lovers
• Free time
• Food or beverages unless specified
• Hotel pick up or transfer.
• 5 hours & 30 min.
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially on long weekends and holidays.
We will send you an email with a voucher that you can print or take with you to the activity.
How to make a reservation?
To book the tour you just have to choose the desired date and fill out the form on this page. Confirmation is immediate.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
• Tour subject to availability
• Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
• This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
• The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
• Due to horse safety restrictions, anyone with a weight above 95 KG or below 12 years of age won't be allowed to join this activity
• There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
• There is a minimum number of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. If this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English
• Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
08:15 – Welcome with our We specialist guide
08:30 – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia
• Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample neighborhood designed in the XIX century.
• We will drive you through Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
• See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
• Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
• We will drive you through the Countryside and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat
• Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
• See the great views while your are going up to the mountain
09:30 – We will arrive to the Ranch to start with the Horse Riding experience
• You will have a short briefing to know how to ride the horses
• You will get a helmet and your horse
10:00 – Start of the Riding
• Enjoy the great views of the mountain of Montserrat
• Enjoy the landscape
11:00 – Finish your riding and go up to the monastery of Montserrat
11:30 - We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery
• Learn about the history of the monastery
• Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
• Learn about the Monks lifestyle
• Enjoy the views from the Monastery
12.30 – Enjoy the free time
• Visit the farmers market
• Visit the cafeteria
• Check the souvenirs stores
13:00 – Meet your guide again to go back to the bus
• Way back to Barcelona
14:30 – End of the experience at the starting point.
Explore similar experiences by clicking on the following link Montserrat, Food & Wine
This is a full day tour, and is designed for those who can and want to invest a full day of their stay in visiting the surroundings of Barcelona. With plenty of free time, this is a more comprehensive option to discover Montserrat and immerse yourself in the Catalan countryside with this unforgettable day!
Take the Immersive Tour of Futbol Club Barcelona. Visit the new museum, inaugurated in June 2023 and discover the past, present and future of Barça through the highlights of the team.
A fun introduction to Segway with training and a short excursion to Parc de la Ciutadella.
Visit Barcelona at your own pace and without rushing aboard a red double-decker sightseeing bus. Hop on and off all day long with the same ticket, change routes and learn about the history of the city through a headphone audio system, available in fifteen different languages!
Enjoy a refreshing day full of fun, we will take you directly from the center of Barcelona to Caribe Aquatic Park so you only have to worry about carrying everything you need in your backpack. A unique experience, suitable for the whole family. Fantastic combination of excitement and relaxation to live an authentic Caribbean adventure.
Visit Barcelona at your own pace and without rushing aboard a red double-decker sightseeing bus. Hop on and off all day long with the same ticket, change routes and learn about the history of the city through a headphone audio system, available in fifteen languages! and visit the Barcelona Aquarium, the world's largest Mediterranean-themed aquarium!
Aerial view of the Sagrada Familia, the coast, the Agbar Tower, Camp Nou, Plaza de España, Montjuic and the Olympic Park.
Do you want to see Barcelona from every possible perspective? With this tour you will have the opportunity to start with a walking tour through the center of Barcelona. At the end of the tour, we will go up to the cable car, from where you will have unique views of the city. We will finish in the best possible way, sailing over the Mediterranean Sea, from where you will be able to see Barcelona as you have never seen it before.
Segway route to Montjuïc, with iconic places of the 1992 Olympics and panoramic views.
The Barcelona Segway Tour takes you to the most beautiful places of Barcelona's waterfront. Places like the historic Port Vell, the most popular beach in Barceloneta or the new luxury marina near the W Hotel, as well as the Parc de la Ciutadella, the largest urban park in the city and starting point of the tour.