Half Day tour to Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. After the visit, you will have free time to buy a souvenir, take pictures, etc.
Next, get ready for a thrilling horseback ride along the Natural Park, offering breathtaking views of Montserrat. All while enjoying the freedom and tranquility of the countryside. Led by experienced guides, the route is suitable for everyone. Enjoy the ride and the spectacular sight of the mountain!
• Private Transport & Bilingual and knowledgeable tour guide, ensuring top quality service and great destination information
• A guided horseback ride with an experienced monitor, an amusing experience suitable for nature lovers
• Free time
• Food or beverages unless specified
• Hotel pick up or transfer.
• 5 hours & 30 min.
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially on long weekends and holidays.
We will send you an email with a voucher that you can print or take with you to the activity.
How to make a reservation?
To book the tour you just have to choose the desired date and fill out the form on this page. Confirmation is immediate.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
• Tour subject to availability
• Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
• This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
• The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
• Due to horse safety restrictions, anyone with a weight above 95 KG or below 12 years of age won't be allowed to join this activity
• There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
• There is a minimum number of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. If this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English
• Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
08:15 – Welcome with our We specialist guide
08:30 – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia
• Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample neighborhood designed in the XIX century.
• We will drive you through Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
• See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
• Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
• We will drive you through the Countryside and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat
• Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
• See the great views while your are going up to the mountain
09:30 – We will arrive to the Ranch to start with the Horse Riding experience
• You will have a short briefing to know how to ride the horses
• You will get a helmet and your horse
10:00 – Start of the Riding
• Enjoy the great views of the mountain of Montserrat
• Enjoy the landscape
11:00 – Finish your riding and go up to the monastery of Montserrat
11:30 - We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery
• Learn about the history of the monastery
• Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
• Learn about the Monks lifestyle
• Enjoy the views from the Monastery
12.30 – Enjoy the free time
• Visit the farmers market
• Visit the cafeteria
• Check the souvenirs stores
13:00 – Meet your guide again to go back to the bus
• Way back to Barcelona
14:30 – End of the experience at the starting point.
Explore the city's famous landmarks as well as hidden secrets and enjoy a tour on a 100% handmade bamboo bike equipped with high-quality components.
Enjoy an intimate and beautiful flamenco show while you marvel at a Medieval Palace atmosphere after a walking tour through one of the trendiest and most authentic districts in Barcelona. This former Baroque palace from the 17th Century on the historic Calle Montcada is a rare architectural gem which was once the meeting place of an aristocratic scholarly society. End your evening enjoying Tapas Tour dinner with a drink at one of the best of the best Pintxos places in Barcelona and then continue to La Barceloneta to discover the best seafood tapas in a Mediterranean atmosphere.Have fun and feel unique in your experience on a Private Tour. (Premium small group tour)
Enjoy a unique cycling experience on this tour riding on bicycles made out of bamboo, 100% handmade and equipped with high-quality components
Experience Barcelona’s holy mountain, Montserrat, on a half or full day tour. Board the Montserrat Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna following a trail (soft hiking) with the best specialized guide in Montserrat Natural Park. Taste the typical Catalan dessert, “mel i mató” (cheese drizzled with honey) from the local farmers. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
This is a morning half day tour, conceived as a condensed version of our longer Montserrat, Food and Wine. It aims at dropping you off early in the afternoon. It’s the right tour for you if you would like to have some free time in the afternoon or evening in Barcelona, to keep on touring around or even flying out. The shared content and information are the same than in longer versions of this tour! However, it has less free time throughout the experience. Make the most out of our wine country in just one long morning!
Discover thanks to our free tour the modernist wonders that make Barcelona the most avant-garde city in the world.
On this tour you will enjoy the ultimate local gastronomic experience, discovering the most authentic Spanish flavors while your guide tells you everything about the history of the city through its rich gastronomy, walking around the historic neighborhoods of Barcelona and its local-only hidden places and traditional markets. Have fun, make new friends and enjoy an intimate experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
With our Luxury Sailing Boat, you will feel the warm sea breeze as you sail along the Barcelona coast. Sail from Barcelona to the Vineyards, Winery Tour & Wine tasting and discover some its most incredible spots from a unique perspective. Upon arrival by sea, be amazed by the characteristic landscape of DO Alella, one of the world famous wine making areas. Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
On this route we will discover the mysteries hidden in the cosmopolitan neighborhood of Raval.
One of the attractions of Barcelona is its traditional gastronomic recipes. You haven't been to Catalonia if you haven't tasted its food. In order to achieve these excellent recipes, restaurants need top quality product and this brings us to the markets, the place of origin where any gastronomic experience begins.